- See Key Program Indicators »
- Viewing Results Summary
- See Performance Details »
- See Questions/Comments »
Protect human health and the environment. AS 46.03.010, AS 44.46.020
Results at a Glance
Status of Strategies to Achieve End Result
- Target: 85% of regulated systems comply with drinking water supply system operator certification requirements.
- The number of days the air is unhealthy for sensitive groups decreased to eight days, primarily a result of a change in winter weather conditions in Interior Alaska.
- 61,976 testing processes were performed by the Environmental Health Laboratory in FY2012, an increase of 54% from the previous year.
- Target: All serviceable rural Alaska homes are served by safe and sustainable sanitation facilities.
- Target: No new spills result in long-term remediation.
- Target: No polluted waters.
- 66% of the State’s polluted land and waterbodies have been restored for public use as of the end of FY2012, a 14% increase from FY2005.
- Target: All water facility, wastewater discharge, and air quality permit-holders are current and in compliance with permit requirements.
Current as of November 10, 2014