- See Key Program Indicators »
- Viewing Results Summary
- See Performance Details »
- See Questions/Comments »
The mission of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development is to provide safe and legal working conditions and to advance opportunities for employment. AS 23.05.010
Results at a Glance
Status of Strategies to Achieve End Result
- Target: Bring employers suspected of illegally operating without workers' compensation insurance coverage into compliance with the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Target: A three percent reduction in the five-year moving average rate of workplace fatalities per 100,000 employees.
- Target: A two percent per year reduction in the rate of workplace lost time injuries and illnesses per 100 employees.
- Target: At least 95 percent of Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and State Training and Employment Program (STEP) training completers enter employment.
- Target: At least 80 percent of Alaska Vocational Technical Center students in long-term programs (longer than six weeks) graduate.
- Target: At least 90 percent of Alaska Vocational Technical Center long-term graduates are employed in their area of training.
- Target: Increase the percentage of Alaska Labor Exchange System registrants that enter employment by one percent as compared to the previous year.
- Target: Equal prior year's number of employed individuals exiting the Vocational Rehabilitation program.
- Target: Increase employment of the Alaska resident workforce by 0.5 percent per year.
- Target: Decrease the percent of non-residents working in Alaska by two percent per year.
- Target: Exceed the federal timeliness benchmark of 87 percent of initial Unemployment Insurance payments within 21 days.
- Target: Requests for reimbursement from the Fishermen's Fund will be paid within 30 days of receipt.
Current as of November 8, 2013